A Chorus Line Karaoke Accompaniment CD
A Chorus Line Book: Complete Script/Libretto
A Chorus Line 1985 Film Version on VHS
A Chorus Line Sheet Music (Vocal Selections)
A Chorus Line Complete Vocal Score
A Chorus Line Film Version Sheet Music
A Chorus Line Recording
Download the complete A Chorus Line cast album.
A Chorus Line follows a director and 17 hopefulls as they compete for 8 roles in a dance chorus. The characters bare their souls through song and dance as the director attempts to find out who they truly are.
Most of the characters in this show are between the ages of 18-35, although some can be slightly older (such as Zach).
Audition Preparation Suggestions For A Chorus Line
A Chorus Line is about dancers, so singing ability will usually be less important in auditions than dancing. If you listen to the original cast recording, you will notice that the voices are not very polished - a little edgy, and that is the way most shows will be cast.
Those auditioning for Val should be familiar with the "Dance 10, Looks 3" monologue.
All the characters in A Chorus Line must have strong dance ability in jazz/ballet/tap, with the exception of Zach.
- Zach (Non-Singing Role, 30 - 45)
- Director of show, ex-lover of Cassie
- Cassie (Soprano)
- Aging but excellent dancer
- Kristine (Non-Singing)
- Married to Al, can't sing, hysterical
- Al (Baritone)
- Married to Kristine, very protective
- Shiela (Alto)
- Over-confident but beautiful actress
- Val (Alto - Belt, "perfect" figure)
- Sexy with attitude, foul-mouthed, superficial (had plastic surgery to improve looks)
- Mike (Tenor, Italian)
- Victim complex - is often teased
- Larry (Tenor, 30 - 45)
- Zach's assistant, authoritative
- Maggie (Mezzo)
- Connie (Alto, short, Asian)
- Diane (Alto, Puerto Rican)
- Energetic, humorous, speaks from the heart
- Richie (Tenor, usually a black man)
- High-energy, good-natured, proud
- Paul (Baritone, Puerto Rican)
- Friend of Diane. Quiet, shy, introverted, gay
- Mark (Tenor)
- Optimistic, naive, charming, obsessed with sex
- Judy (Mezzo, tall)
- Nervous, scatterbrained, gawky, hopeful
- Greg (baritone, handsome)
- A typical "pretty boy"
- Bebe (Alto)
- A Jewish modern dancer
- Bobby (Baritone)
- Flamboyant, funny, clever
- Don (Baritone)
- The "all-american" man
- Male & Female cut dancers (chorus)