Evita Karaoke Background Tracks CD
Evita Vocal Selections (Sheet Music)
Evita Complete Film Soundtrack BOX SET
Evita 1976 Studio Cast Recording
Evita 1996 Film Version
Evita: An Intimate Portrait of Eva Peron
Evita Musical Excerpts and Script
The Making of Evita
Evita: Music From The Motion Picture
Evita is based on the life story of Eva Perón, the second wife of the Argentine president Juan Perón. Eva Duarte was born in 1919, illegitimate, poor, without privilege. She became the most powerful woman her country had ever seen, the First Lady of Argentina at the age of 27. She died in 1952 of cancer, aged 33.
|Evita (Video Release)
Audition Preparation Suggestions for Evita
Little dancing is required for this show. This show has a very contemporary sound, and is vocally demanding due to the large number of songs.
- Eva Peron (Legit Mezzo, light dancing, 16 - 30)
- A beautiful, ambitious and power-hungry woman who rises to become the spiritual leader of Argentina by age twenty-six. A woman of few options, she uses her sexuality to build power. Vocally demanding - Patti LuPone type.
- Juan Peron (Baritone, 32 - 55)
- An officer in the Argentina army who rises to become the Argentine President. An opportunistic fat-cat.
- Che Guevara (Tenor, light dancing, 21 - 35)
- A political activist and the narrator of the show. A radical who isn't reluctant to ask tough questions and demand answers. He must move well.
- Agustin Magaldi (Tenor, 23 - 35)
- A handsome tango singer and former lover of Eva.
- Peron's Mistress (Mezzo, 14 - 18)
- Juan Peron's fifteen-year-old lover.
- The Company (People of Argentina)