Fiddler on the Roof Original 1970 Film Soundtrack
Fiddler on the Roof 1964 Original Broadway Cast Rec.
Fiddler on the Roof Sheet Music (Vocal Selections)
Fiddler on the Roof Complete Vocal Score
Fiddler on the Roof 1970 Film Version
Fiddler on the Roof Kareoke Background Tracks 2 CD Set
Loosely based on Tevye's Daughters by Sholom Aleichem.
1905 Czarist Russia. A father struggles between his devotion to the traditions of his faith and his love for his daughters in a changing world.
Audition Preparation Suggestions for
Fiddler On The Roof
The more dance experience the daughters have, the better. At bare minimum they all must move well.
If you hope to play one of the daughters, have both "Matchmaker" and "Far From The Home I Love" ready for callbacks.
Men with Russian dance training are required for the bottle dance.
- Tevye (40-50, Baritone/Bass)
- A loving, hardworking father who faithfully leads his family in the ways of the Jewish tradition. Humble but wise.
- Golde (35 - 45, Mezzo/Alto)
- The sarcastic, domineering but loving wife of Tevye. Hardworking mother to five daughters.
- Tzeitel (Mezzo, 18-22, dance required)
- The eldest daughter. Responsible yet lively.
- Hodel (16-20, soprano, dance required)
- Second-eldest. Strong-willed and sarcastic, like her mother.
- Chava (Mezzo, 14-18, dance required)
- Third daughter. Gentle, intelligent, a dreamer.
- Schprintze & Bielke (8 - 12)
- The two youngest daughters. Youthful and sweet.
- Motel (18-25, high baritone)
- A poor, humble tailor. Childhood love of Tzeitel.
- Perchik (18-25, legit tenor, dance required)
- A handome, slightly arrogant, driven student with revolution on his mind. Hired by Tevye as teacher to Schprintze and Bielke.
- Fyedka (16 - 21, non-singing)
- A Russian with a gentle heart who shares Chava's love of reading.
- Yente (45-60, Alto)
- The nosey matchmaker of the village. Meddling, bossy, and a whiner.
- Lazar Wolf (40-60, tenor)
- The widowed village butcher.
- Fruma-Sarah (35 - 45, range unimportant)
- Lazar Wolf's first wife, now dead.
- Constable (40 - 60, non-singing)