Nunsense Film Version on DVD
Nunsense 1986 Original Off-Broadway Cast Rec.
Nunsense 1985 Original London Cast
Nunsense: A Musical Comedy
Nunsense II: The Second Coming
Nunsense II 1994 Film Version on DVD
Nunsense II 1993 Original Off-Broadway Cast Rec.
Nunsense II Sheet Music
Nunsense III: The Jamboree
1998 Film Version on DVD
1995 Original Cast Recording
The present, in New Jersey. The Little Sisters of Hoboken must raise money to bury members of their order who died of botulism. They decide to perform a show to raise the money at the Mount Saint Helen's School Auditorium.
There are five characters and five performers. No chorus.
Audition Preparation Suggestions for Nunsense
Many styles of dance are used in Nunsense. Although the dances are meant to look "amateurish", you do need to have at least a little dance experience.
- Sister Mary Regina
- a model Mother Superior, even if she is overweight. An outrageous, quick-witted soul who knows how to get a laugh. She tries to convince us she's strict.
- Sister Mary Hubert
- a kind person, understanding & diplomatic. Supposed to be dignified, but ready to kick up her heels with the slightest bit of encouragement.
- Sister Robert Anne
- a tough streetwise nun with a heart of gold. Can hit a baseball "out of the park".
- Sister Mary Amnesia
- The picture of innocence. She can't remember her past and so looks at each new day with a childlike joy.
- Sister Mary Leo
- A former professional dancer, always eager to display her talent. Young, impressionable, and easily led astray.