Gypsy, Pajama Game & Sweet Charity (Karaoke)
Pajama Game Sheet Music (Vocal Selections)
Complete Pajama Game Vocal Score
Pajama Game Film Version on DVD
Pajama Game Film Version Soundtrack Collectable CD
Pajama Game 1954 Original Broadway Cast Rec.
Based on the novel 7 1/2 cents by Richard Bissell
Pajama Game is set in the 1950s in a pajama factory. The new manager finds himself falling for the union leader, but at the same time finds himself at odds with her as they are in the middle of a labour dispute over a 7 1/2 cent raise.
While the music in this show is very catchy and had several successes on the pop charts, it is also quite simple and easy to learn. The vocal ranges are limited, however the roles of Babe and Sid do require melodic voices. The real difficulty in staging this show is the amount of dance numbers.
Audition Suggestions for Pajama Game
Many of the characters in Pajama Game must be able to jazz/tap dance well. There is also a dance chorus.
Most of the major roles (with the exception of Sid and Babe) are comedic, so demonstrating comic ability in the audition is essential.
- Sid Sorokin (Legit Baritone)
- Handsome superintendent. Ted Danson type.
- Babe Williams (Legit Mezzo)
- Feisty union head.
- Hines (Baritone, comic role)
- Funny time-study man with a jealous streak
- Gladys (Character Alto, dance)
- Quick-witted bookeeper. A heavy dance role.
- Prez (Character Tenor)
- Union president, chases women even though he is married. Walter Matthau type.
- Company president.
- Mabel (Alto)
- Elder secretary
- FIRST HELPER, SECOND HELPER, CHARLIE, JOE
- Male workers.
- Mae, Brenda, Poopsie
- Babe's agreeable father
- Chorus of Workers
- Dancers and Singers
- Chorus and Smaller Roles: 8M/8F