Pippin Karaoke Accompaniment CD
Pippin Vocal Selections (Sheet Music)
Pippin Complete Vocal Score
Pippin Original Cast Recording
Film Version of Pippin on DVD
Based on The story of Pippin, son of Charlemagne.
All performers must be competent singers and dancers.
Suggestions for Auditioning for Pippin
Music is folk-influenced. Those performers auditioning for the role of Pippin might consider a John Denver ballad for their audition song.
- Leading Player (Male or Female, baritone or mezzo to high G)
- dynamic, mysterious, magnetic master of ceremonies
- Pippin (tenor)
- Earnest, attractive, stubborn, misguided son of Charlemagne. Struggles with the burdon of his father's identity while unable to find his own purpose in the world. Wide-eyed and unsatisfied with life.
- Fastrada (mezzo)
- Pippin's conniving step-mother, dedicated to the career of her son, Lewis
- Catherine (mezzo)
- an attractive, sharp woman. a widow.
- King Charles Charlemagne (baritone/bass)
- military, imposing, arrogant, not too bright. Pippin's father, but too preoccupied to pay much attention to him
- Lewis (Baritone, comic role)
- Pippin's foppish stepbrother - annoying, egotistical
- Berthe (Mezzo)
- Pippin's saucy Grandmother
- Theo (Boy Soprano)
- Catherine's 8-year-old Son
- The Head, Beggar, Peasant, Noble, Field Marshall.