The Producers Karaoke Background Tracks CD
The Producers Sheet Music (Vocal Selections)
The Producers Complete Vocal Score
The Producers: The Making Of
The Producers 1968 Hollywood Film on DVD
The Producers Original Broadway Cast Recording
Recording The Producers: A Musical Romp with Mel Brooks (DVD)
Based on the classic 1960's Mel Brooks film.
Mel Brooks' had the idea for "The Producers" while writing the book for the Charles Strouse-Lee Adams 1962 musical "All American". It was a terrible failure. This caused Brooks to wonder what would happen if someone tried to produce a bad musical intentionally?
And so the story goes: Two producers set out to make the worst musical ever, but do it so well it ends up being a hit!
Audition Preparation Suggestions for The Producers
An ability to handle potentially offensive comic material is essential.
- Max Bialystock
- a third-rate producer who sleeps with old ladies in order to fund his shows
- Leo Bloom
- a nerdy, timid accountant
- Carmen Giya
- Roger's "common-law assistant"
- Roger de Bris
- Broadway's worst director, a cross-dresser
- Franz Liebkind
- nutsy neo-Nazi playwright and pigeon fancier
- Ulla (Character Mezzo, Swedish accent)
- a knockout Swedish blonde hired as a secretary