Seussical Karaoke Background Tracks CD
Seussical Sheet Music (Vocal Selections)
Seussical Original Broadway Cast Recording
Seussical the Musical - Sheet Music (Digital Download)
The music is very pop-influenced. Different characters have different musical styles representing them, which can make things a bit confusing when choosing an audition song.
- The Cat In The Hat (M/F, Comic role, agile, improvisation)
- causes trouble, but always sets things right again; there are script versions for a male or female performer. Ragtime style music.
- Jojo (played by male or female)
- a "Thinker", a smart, sometimes rambunctious little boy with a wild imagination. Slightly awkward, a bit of a loner.
- Horton The Elephant
- a gentle giant - steadfast and responsible, imaginative and receptive to the world around him. He is very un-self-conscious.
- Gertrude McFuzz
- very self-conscious. Changes from a vain, neurotic, nervous & shy bird into one with the power to protect and care for a baby elephant bird.
- Mayzie La Bird
- self-centered, manipulative, selfish and vain. Her moment of generosity comes when she realizes Horton will be a better mother to her egg.
- Sour Kangaroo
- Has a lot of attitude. She's loud and brassy and lots of fun! Her "joey" is a puppet that rides in her pouch and occasionally sings along. Modeled after Aretha Franklin.
- General Gengus Khan Schmitz
- bursting with pride at the military academy he runs, and the soldiers he turns out. He is not sadistic, mean or abusive. He is proud! This makes him a comic character, because it's clear he's so misguided.
- The Wickersham Brothers
- not bad guys! They're simply a lot like kids who tease, play pranks and get a kick out of making mischief, although often at others' expense.
- The Whos.
- MR and MRS MAYOR are parents trying to raise a difficult child in a difficult world.
- Baby Sour Kangaroo can be played by a puppet or a child actor.
- Chorus of Jungle creatures.